Eureka! We've struck "liquid gold" with Argan oil!
Eureka! We’ve found it! Argan oil is “liquid gold”.
You’ve seen it, right? Popping up in ingredients lists, making headlines in national papers, lining shelves in homes all over the world. Argan oil! What is this product and why is it making waves from culinary to cosmetic circles? We spoke with Brian from Lucia Bay to mine the depths of this rare, golden miracle oil.
Lucia Bay is a company that specializes in premium skin and haircare products, soaps, and splashes made exclusively in the USA. And they have just recently launched a line of Argan oil products that are good for you, the environment, and the world.
What is Argan oil anyway?
Argan oil is derived from the nut of the Argan tree, native to the hills of Morocco. This slow-growing tree is being recognized and protected because of its rich, golden oil. It’s an oil that Moroccans have used for years as a dip for breads, to battle rhuemtism, sooth dry skin, clear up acne, heal burns, and more. Lucia Bay is bringing this head-to-toe benefit to you. “Argan oil repairs and replenishes your skin and works wonders to nourish your face, hair, and body,” said Brian. "I noticed when I didn't use it a day or two, I missed it. The results are that surprising."
This unique oil is rare, not just for the small growing area of the “tree of life” in southwest Morocco, but also because of the laborious process to harvest and create the oil. Native Berber women work in fair trade cooperatives to crack the nuts –by hand, extract the kernel –by hand, grind the kernel –by hand, and then knead –by hand into the cold-pressed oil. It can take up to three days to produce 1 liter of the oil.
"We did the research," said Brian. "We met with the women who do it." You can be sure of the high quality, 100% organic Argan oil in all the products in this line.
Lucia Bay’s sustainably sourced rich, golden oil is helping create a livelihood for these women and their families. In fact, a portion of every sale benefits women in Morocco and the Quest Food Exchange in Vancouver, a non-profit making healthy food affordable to people in need. Lucia Bay uses recycled packaging, partners and sources locally whenever possible, and even uses a 100% solar-powered facility for some products.
"Argan by Lucia Bay is good for you, good for the environment, and good for the world," said Brian.
So, what makes it so good?
“It’s a go-to product because it absorbs quickly, never feels greasy, and is so versatile and easy to use,” said Brian. The active natural ingredients in argan oil are impressive, and include…
- Phenolic antioxidants
It is filled with anti-oxidants, Vitamin E, fatty acids, and beneficial lipids. Lucia Bay’s line is organic, paraben-free, sulfate-free, and toxin free.
So what do you use it on?
Well, according to Brian, “Use just a few drops to smooth your hair, a couple more to moisturize your face, and a few more on your hands, elbows, and feet.” People are literally using this oil head-to-toe.
- Hair & scalp: Rubbing a few drops into your hair conditions and shines, and your scalp will thank you too. Or run oiled palms lightly over styled hair to give a healthy luster to your locks.
- Face: Acne, scars, eczema, blemishes, wrinkles. This oil can help moisturize, smooth, and heal. Use as a pre or post shave oil to soften hair and moisturize skin.
- Hand, Feet, Elbows: Soften calloused skin and heal dry cracked patches. (Without that lotiony feel).
- Nails: Rub into cuticles to strengthen nails and prevent painful hangnails.
- Lips: A little oil rubbed onto your lips can prevent chapping.
You need this:
If using an oil in your grooming routine has never occurred to you, it is time to check out Argan oil.
- Lucia Bay Argan Oil withEssential Oils, pump - This is 100% argan oil and as such can have a strong, earthy scent. Lucia Bay adds essential oils to enhance your grooming routine. The pump dispenser allows you to put your precious drops right where you want them.
- Lucia Bay Argan Oil withEssential Oils for Men, dropper - Lucia Bay also offers their argan oil with a blend of masculine scented essential oils. Spruce takes the lead in this blend. The handy dropper dispenses just what you need to tame your beard, sooth your elbows, or soften your face.