Eureka! We've struck "liquid gold" with Argan oil!
Eureka! We’ve found it! Argan oil is “liquid gold”.
You’ve seen it, right? Popping up in ingredients lists, making headlines in national papers, lining shelves in homes all over the world. Argan oil! What is this product and why is it making waves in circles from culinary to cosmetic?
What is Argan oil anyway?
Argan oil is derived from the nut of the Argan tree, native to the hills of Morocco. This slow-growing tree is being recognized and protected because of its rich, golden oil. It’s an oil that Moroccans have used for years as a dip for breads, to battle rheumatism, soothe dry skin, clear up acne, heal burns, and more.
This unique oil is rare, not just for the small growing area of the “tree of life” in southwest Morocco, but also because of the laborious process to harvest and create the oil. Native Berber women work in fair trade cooperatives to crack the nuts by hand, extract the kernel by hand, grind the kernel by hand, and then knead by hand into the cold-pressed oil. It can take up to three days to produce 1 liter of the oil.
So, what makes Argan oil so good?
It’s a go-to product because it absorbs quickly, never feels greasy, and is so versatile and easy to use. The active natural ingredients in argan oil are impressive, and include…
- Phenolic antioxidants
It is filled with antioxidants, Vitamin E, fatty acids, and beneficial lipids.
So what do you use it on?
Honestly? Just about everywhere! This is a head-to-toe miracle oil.
- Hair & scalp: Rubbing a few drops into your hair conditions and shines, and your scalp will thank you too. Or run oiled palms lightly over styled hair to give a healthy luster to your locks.
- Face: Acne, scars, eczema, blemishes, wrinkles. This oil can help moisturize, smooth, and heal. Use as a pre or post shave oil to soften hair and moisturize skin.
- Hand, Feet, Elbows: Soften calloused skin and heal dry cracked patches. (Without that lotiony feel).
- Nails: Rub into cuticles to strengthen nails and prevent painful hangnails.
- Lips: A little oil rubbed onto your lips can prevent chapping.
So, the next time you see Argan oil in the ingredients list of your favorite shaving soap, lotion, shampoo, or more, you will know why this precious liquid is prized so highly and found so useful in so many ways.
Have you found argan oil in your favorite products? Let us know about it in the comments.