Wet Shaving on a Budget
We often tout one of the advantages of wet shaving is that it is easy on your wallet. And that is true, even though there is still a bit of an initial outlay of cash. Don’t be discouraged however!
Just because you don't have a lot to spend, does not mean you can't get a great shave. Here are some of our favorite, most popular items that get you in the wet shaving game without breaking the bank.
West Coast Shaving has many high quality products specifically priced to bring wet shaving to the masses - regardless of their paycheck. From our own branded line to some of the most popular offerings from around the world, we’ve got you covered.
Safety Razors for under $35
- WCS Classic Collection, Midnight Collection. And Natural Collection Safety Razors: If you are looking for an affordable safety razor then look no further than our West Coast Shaving branded razors. For under $20, you can choose a handle in stainless steel, black, or wood grain along with an open or closed comb head. This is a great way to get started. Or bump up the price just a bit and check out our Titanium or Vintage collections.
- Parker 99R Double Edge Safety Razor: This razor rings in at less than $30, but it packs a punch at that price. It boasts a butterfly (twist to open) head that is redesigned for easy blade changes.
- Rockwell 2C razor, White Chrome: If you are looking to get into the innovative Rockwell game without selling a kidney, check out this 2C option. This beautiful razor comes with base plates 1, 3 (Rockwell’s most popular aggression options) in a gleaming white chrome. It is perfect for those just getting started.
- Merkur 33C Classic Safety Razor: Another popular name in wet shaving is Merkur. This iconic safety razor manufacturer is based in Solingen, Germany, the heart of blade-making. And you can get one of their fabulous razors for under $35. And it even boasts an open comb for those ready for a bit more blade exposure.
Shaving Brushes for under $25
- Omega 13522 Banded Boar Shaving Brush: This Italian brand is well known for its fabulous brushes in all hair grades but particularly boar. Get this popular boar hair option for less than $10.
- Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synthetic Shaving Brush: This popular little brush packs a punch with its synthetic head. It will whip up a creamy lather with its badger-like qualities, but it is a man-made fiber that is easy to care for and cruelty-free.
- Vie-Long Peleon Horse Hair Shaving Brush, Red Handle: If you are looking for a horse hair brush, then you should check out Vie-Long. This company out of Spain is crafting brushes that will get you the lather you desire at a price you can afford.
- WCS Tortoiseshell Torch Shaving Brush, Pure Badger: Thanks to West Coast Shaving, you can even get a natural badger hair brush for your shaving pleasure. This natural animal hair is particularly good at whipping up a dreamy, creamy lather. Try this brush from West Coast Shaving at less than $25.
Shaving Soap or Cream for under $20
- WCS Duck Fat Shaving Soap, Pea-Brrr Shoppe: This has become one of our most popular scents after peer-reviewing and testing. The shaving soap lathers up a fabulous, dense, rich, protective lubricant for your shave.
- Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream Bowl, Sandalwood: Established in 1854, TOBS has been a consistent player in the men’s grooming industry since the reign of Queen Victoria. This cream is so easy to lather and it is scented with the classic aroma of sandalwood.
- Stirling Soap Company Shave Soap, Barbershop: We love local, handcrafted artisanal products. So we love Stirling Soap. They have been on our shelves almost from the beginning. We think you will enjoy them on your shelf too. This Barbershop fragrance lathers up from a rich, tallow-based recipe.
- Speick Shaving Cream: Also wildly popular for their aftershave splash, this budget priced cream is a fabulous, plant based formula. It’s unique aroma is from the rare Alpine valerian plant which is highly aromatic and healing. Speick has special license to harvest and use it.
Razor Blades for under $10
- DE Blade Sampler Pack, Economy: We’re gonna shout out to our sample packs here. WCS launched out of a condo with a couple who put together sample packs for new-to-wet-shaving customers to try out some of the most popular blades. Finding a blade can be a learning curve so a convenient, all-in-one pack allows you to try them side-by-side and pick the one that works for you.
What are some of your favorite budget-friendly wet shaving finds? How do you wet shave “on a budget”? Let us know in the comments.
Leave a comment