Phoenix and Beau Limited Edition Post Shave Lotion, Night Witch
- Alcohol-free, post shave lotion
- Scented with a spicy, aromatic fougere with notes of galbanum, lavender, citrus, rose, lily of the valley on a base of patchouli, cedar, and more.
- This post-shave lotion has a matching shaving soap.
Phoenix & Beau is the brainchild and handcraft of Kerry Burrow and his wife, Sarah. Starting in 2015, Kerry began the months long process of creating a shaving soap that could adequately handle his sensitive skin. Through much trial & error, vetting by shaving aficionados on The Shaving Room (TSR) online fraternity, and many, many batches of soap, the Burrows felt that had something worthy to offer the wet shaving world. Now you can own their small-batch, British-designed grooming requisites with great scents.
Description from the Vendor
What is it? A key part of your grooming practice is your post shave. Our hand made, small batch lotions calm razor burn by harnessing the soothing powers of five botanical ingredients.
Its alcohol free formula calms post shave sensitivity with extracts of aloe vera, witch hazel, cacay oil, willowbark extract and meadowfoam seed oil. A refreshing lotion that leaves your skin nourished and ready for the day.
Free from parabens, sodium lauryl sulphates and artificial colours our vegan friendly, tested on humans only lotions are hand filled and finished with gorgeous waterproof vinyl stickers.
THE STORY OF NIGHT WITCH
1) The Nachthexen, or night witches. Formed in October 1941 the "nachthexen" was the German nickname for the all female military aviators of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment, known later as the 46th "Taman" Guards Night Bomber Aviation Regiment, of the Soviet Air Forces.
2) Wolf People, a vastly talented English psychedelic rock band who mostly hail a stone's throw from Phoenix and Beau and were formed in Clophill, Bedfordshire. Jack Sharp, Joe Hollick, Dan Davies and Tom Watt wrote and recorded the goose-bump inducing 'Night Witch' song for their 2016 album, Ruins.
A story of female heroism during WW2, of loss and of duty, this is a song that rips and snarls its way through swirling chords, fuzzed up guitar, pulsating bass and towering drums. We loved the song so much we wanted to dedicate something we make to it.
3) Old Spice, or specifically our want to offer our own homage to the classic staple. We've used the colour scheme of the Shulton Companies best known product and, given that this counts as our Halloween (Autumnal) release, thought it appropriate to go for design that links Old Spice, the nachthexen and the occult.
We hope you like it.
What does it smell of? A homage and doffing of cap to the staple classic that is the Schulton Companies classic scent 'Old Spice'. As you might imagine, it's a beautiful and aromatic fougere, with top notes of galbanum, lavender, bergamot, lemon, lime, orange and black current. The heart is made of rose and lily of the valley before dropping down to a base of patchouli, cedar, opoponax, ambergris and oakmoss.
Net weight: 50g, proudly designed & made in Hitchin, England.
Ingredients: Aloe barbendensis extract, hamamelis virginiana extract, salix alba bark extract, caryodendron orinocense nut oil, limnanthes alba seed oil, parfum.