Phoenix and Beau Limited Edition Shaving Soap, Night Witch
- Tallow-based, traditional, lathering shaving soap
- Scented with a spicy, aromatic fougere with notes of galbanum, lavender, citrus, rose, lily of the valley on a base of patchouli, cedar, and more.
- This shaving soap has a matching post-shave lotion.
Phoenix & Beau is the brainchild and handcraft of Kerry Burrow and his wife, Sarah. Starting in 2015, Kerry began the months long process of creating a shaving soap that could adequately handle his sensitive skin. Through much trial & error, vetting by shaving aficionados on The Shaving Room (TSR) online fraternity, and many, many batches of soap, the Burrows felt that had something worthy to offer the wet shaving world. Now you can own this small-batch, British-designed product with great scents.
Description from the Vendor
Attention to detail: Our enterprise is an intimate family operation where we focus on the detail, quality and aesthetic of our products and we focus on you, our customer. An example is how we use our own hands to blend each essential oil accord. These are carefully meted out recipes that are made one batch at a time and added to the just made soap. N.b. Our soap is a thirsty beast.
THE STORY OF NIGHT WITCH
1) The Nachthexen, or night witches. Formed in October 1941 the "nachthexen" was the German nickname for the all female military aviators of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment, known later as the 46th "Taman" Guards Night Bomber Aviation Regiment, of the Soviet Air Forces.
2) Wolf People, a vastly talented English psychedelic rock band who mostly hail a stone's throw from Phoenix and Beau and were formed in Clophill, Bedfordshire. Jack Sharp, Joe Hollick, Dan Davies and Tom Watt wrote and recorded the goose-bump inducing 'Night Witch' song for their 2016 album, Ruins.
A story of female heroism during WW2, of loss and of duty, this is a song that rips and snarls its way through swirling chords, fuzzed up guitar, pulsating bass and towering drums. We loved the song so much we wanted to dedicate something we make to it.
3) Old Spice, or specifically our want to offer our own homage to the classic staple. We've used the colour scheme of the Shulton Companies best known product and, given that this counts as our Halloween (Autumnal) release, thought it appropriate to go for design that links Old Spice, the nachthexen and the occult.
We hope you like it.
What does it smell of? A homage and doffing of cap to the staple classic that is the Schulton Companies classic scent 'Old Spice'. As you might imagine, it's a beautiful and aromatic fougere, with top notes of galbanum, lavender, bergamot, lemon, lime, orange and black current. The heart is made of rose and lily of the valley before dropping down to a base of patchouli, cedar, opoponax, ambergris and oakmoss.
Made in England
Ingredients: Potassium Stearate, Glycerin, Potassium Tallowate, Potassium Ricinoleate, Potassium Safflower Seedate, Potassium Lanolate, Sodium Shea Butterate, Cocos Nucifera Fruit Juice, Potassium Cocoate, Aqua, Allantoin, Tocopherol Acetate, Stearic Acid, Adeps Bovis, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Seed) Oil, Lanolin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Parfum