Barrister and Mann Excelsior Shaving Soap
- A handcrafted, tallow-based shaving soap
- Loaded with tallow, glycerin, and Kokum Butter
- Choose your scent from the drop down menu
Barrister and Mann is an artisan soap maker making waves with their fascinating scents and fabulous lather. Like many who got their start in soap making, this artisan wanted to battle sensitive skin and run-of-the-mill scents. Will did that in spades. His tallow-soap is a dream come true.
Introducing Barrister and Mann's new Excelsior soap base. This is a company that never rests on its laurels (although they can claim more than most). They have continued to innovate and improve. Now, in addition to white/black label, Reserve, and Glissant, you can enjoy Excelsior. This tallow-base is a significant upgrade from the Glissant base, says Will. It hits the best of all the bases. It lathers similar to Reserve, lasts longer than Glissant and is less finicky about water. This base DOES contain lanolin, so those with sensitivities should be aware.
- Bay Rum: Traditional, spicy aroma of black strap rum, Indie bay, sweet orange, cinnamon, and vanilla-like benzoin. No clove in this one.
- Cheshire: One of Will's favorite scents this is an attempt to bring your favorite cuppa to your wet shave. Notes of sage, bergamot, and hints of lavender and patchouli are a pretty spot on replica of Earl Grey tea.
- Cologne Russe: This warm, but accessible scent was inspired by an ages old perfume first created for the Russian royal family. Notes of lemon, bergamot, petitgrain, and herbs move into a dry down of violet, rose, bay, vanilla, and amber.
- Lavanille: The heart of this scent is a labor of love, Mousse de Saxe. This dark, leathery scent was lost to the mists of time until Will recreated it. For this fragrance, he blends it with lavender, vanilla, cedar, and musk for a noteworthy aroma.
- Le Grand Chypre: Inspired by the island of Cyprus and the perfume classification that bears its name, this Chypre scent has the traditional notes of bergamot, lime, labdanum, oakmoss, patchouli, but then Will has added depth with peach, rose, frankincense, cedar, and cinnamon.
- Seville: There are many barbershops on the market, but Will's fan have dubbed this one "God's Barbershop" and we have a hard time keeping it on the shelf. Notes of lemon, bergamot, rosemary, lavender, patchouli, and oakmoss give a nod to the "Barber of Seville".
Made in the USA
Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Tallowate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Milk, Potassium Kokum Butterate, Methyl Gluceth-10, Xanthan Gum, Sucrose Cocoate, Potassium Ricinoleate, Sodium Kokum Butterate, Allantoin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Lanolin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Fragrance, Sodium Ricinoleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate