Karve Shaving Co., The Christopher Bradley Closed Comb. DE Base Plate|
- Closed Comb Guard plates for The Christopher Bradley razor
- Solid brass
- Choose from Level B, C, or D from the drop down menu
Chris Kirchen is the artisan behind Karve Shaving Co. Based out of Canada, he is producing exceptional brass safety razors that are catching the imagination of wet shavers around the world. These beautiful instruments are heirloom quality and provide an exceptional smooth shave.
The Christopher Bradley razor employs interchangeable guards to adjust its aggressiveness. So you can choose your level.
- Level B plate fits the Karve razors and provides you with a medium blade gap with an open comb bar. It is made of solid brass. It is beaded blasted for matte finish but left uncoated so a lovely, warm patina will form over time. Adding this plate to your razor will allow you to tackle your grooming with a blade gap that is medium to mild in its aggressiveness. Because of the open comb, it may shave more aggressively than its Level B closed comb counterpart (you might want to consider the OC plate as a level C).
- Level C is a medium aggressive blade. Like the mentioned above, open comb may shave more aggressively than closed, so you might want to consider this Level C as a D if you are comparing to closed comb options.
- Level D has nearly a millimeter blade gap so it is a medium to aggressive in shaving.
The level is clearly visible even when the razor is assembled so you can know which blade gap you are facing. You have multiple plates to meet all your shaving needs.
Size: Level B Guard - blade gap 0.73mm
Level C Base Plate - blade gap 0.85mm
Level D Guard - blade gap 0.98mm
Made in Canada