- Sample pack of soaps
- Duck tallow base
- Get all of her great scents!
Vida Perez-Velazquez is the founder (and hands) of the handmade, small batch grooming requisites coming out of Oleo. Like many in the wet shaving world, Vida was inspired to try her hand at soap-making because of persistent skin issues that were only exacerbated by commercial soaps and moisturizers. West Coast Shaving is pleased to carry this amazing line right from the heartland of the USA.
The Canard base shaving soap is a duck fat grooming requisite. And boy, does it deliver. Loaded with skin nourishing kokum butter, palm oil, castor oil, jojoba oil (hence the name Oleo - oil), this soap is slick and protective. The duck fat too gives it a dense, rich lather. It is a thirsty soap, so don't be afraid of a little water.
Find your favorite with this amazing sample pack of creams. You can't go wrong with these bestsellers.
Get all 23 scents with this sample pack
- Caribbean Dream - The Caribbean Dream scent will take you on a journey to a tropical paradise. A blend of coconut, pineapple, and a hint of rum - this is an umbrella drink in your splash. So when the winter or workday woes are upon you, dream of the islands with this aroma.
- Don Luis - Don Luis scent take elements of woods and sea to create a fresh, clean blend. Notes of grapefruit, sea salt, seaweed, ambrette, and musk combine for a masculine aroma.
- El Caballero - Like knights of old with their call to chivalry, this fragrance will invoke deeds of daring. Or at least, you will smell good with whatever you are doing (daring or not). El Caballero is cross between bay rum and masculine cologne with notes of bergamot, basil leaf, musk, oak moss, white patchouli, amber, and bay rum.
- Empire - This Empire scent is inspired by Dior's Sauvage. For a man who is looking to build his empire, this is the type of aroma that says you get things done. Notes of bergamot, elemi, Sichuan pink pepper, geranium, vetiver, lavender, patchouli, and ambroxan settle into a deep, masculine aroma that lingers.
- Fiera - This Fiera scent might be what you use when you want to hit the town. A complex, masculine aroma for a night out. Notes of petitgrain, cardamon, lemon, orange and fir, jasmine, rosemary, rose, lily-of-the-valley, vetiver, musk, oakmoss, and brazilian rosewood. Clean, but deep, this one will stay with you as you paint the town.
- Frankie & Myrna - If you love the aroma of ancient rituals, then this might be the scent for you. Enfold yourself in the incense of the ages with notes of Egyptian amber, frankincense, gourmand myrrh, oakmoss, smoke, and pink pepper. Just a little Frankie & Myrna (see what they did there?).
- Irving Park - This scent is a Oleo Soapworks take on YSL Rive Gauche. Notes of Bergamot, star anise, rosemary, lavender, geranium leaves, cloves, vetiver, gaiac wood, and patchouli for a complex, cologne-like aroma.
- Jacmel Vetiveria - Jacmel, Haiti hosts a notable carnival celebration. . . which might be the perfect event to break out this Haitian vetiver scent. This clean, fresh aroma is filled with citrus and spice to bring you an earthy, complex fragrance. Notes of bergamot, lemon, mandarin, neroli, coriander, tarragon, Haitian vetiver, cedar, purple ginger, tobacco, nutmeg, Madagascan pepper, tonka, & capsicum.
- Melonade - Like splashing on a bit of summer, this scent is an homage to the taste of long, hot days and equally sweltering nights when the cooling of citrus and melon is just what you need to cut the heat. Notes of juicy watermelon and tangy lemon will enhance your shave. (Just don't eat it!).
- Montrose Beach - For all the many things that follow you home from the beach unwanted (read: sand), this scent isn't one of them. Enjoy the fragrance of the beach in your shaving den with this fragrance. Chicago might not always be known for its "beaches" but gracing the shores of Lake Michigan just north of the Windy City is sandy delight of Montrose Beach. Notes of sea salt, dried coconut, eucalyptus, jasmine, carnation, vetiver, driftwood, and seawood.
- New City Back of the Yards - In honor of their Chicagoland location, this Oleo scent is named New City Back of the Yards. Leather/tanning has been a Chicago industry for decades. So it seems fitting to create this complex leather aroma. Inspired by Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather, New City has notes of raspberry, saffron, thyme, jasmine, frankincense, amber, woods, leather, and black suede.
- Old Orchard Cider - When the night cool and days shorten, it is time for a warm, savory blend perfect for fall. Old Orchard Cider is delectable scent of apples, cinnamon, and honey -- like ending the day with a warm cup of tea and a pastry.
- Peppermint Lavender - This scent pairs two classic scents: peppermint & lavender. The calming aroma of lavender gets a minty twist for a nice cooling lather. Load up your brush and fill your den with this soothing fragrance.
- Pucker - This aroma is a fresh burst of citrus. A blend of lime, lemon, bergamot, and citron is will envelop the citrus lover in a cloud of tropical fragrance. Great for hot summer days and nights, it will be the puckery mix you need.
- Rougere - A fougere is a scent classification with a "fern-like" green-ness and floral top notes. Oleo's creation takes a rose lead for their Rougere. Notes of rose, geranium, oud, lavender, patchouli, oakmoss, coumarin, tonka, & vetiver give a new twist to a masculine aroma.
- Rush Street - Rush Street in Chicago (named after Benjamin Rush, signer of the Declaration of Independence) is a little less than a mile long but has boasted some of the cities wealthiest neighborhoods and most vibrant nightlife during its storied history. So an aroma to match must exude a spicy, warm masculinity. This scent nails it. Notes of grapefruit, coriander, cedar, ginger, labdanum, patchouli, vetiver, and tobacco offer a complex fragrance.
- Sandalumo - Ahhhhh, sandalwood! This aroma takes the exotic bite of sandalwood and mixes it with a hint of oud and smoke. Mysterious, exotic, unique with notes of Hawaiian sandalwood, purple sandalwood, oud, and smoke.
- Sandy Cheeks - This one is a day at the beach -- or a least a pretty good rendition of it. Nothing says "beach" quite like the smell of tanning lotion. So that's what you get with this cheeky scent -- a lazy, lotion-slathered, sand-in-every-crevice day in the sun. (But just the aroma not the actual sun coverage and sandy cheeks. . .)
- Seibo - Seibo lends its name to this aroma -- and a cacao producing region in the Dominican Republic. For this gourmand scent, notes of rich cocoa are blended with sweet milk to give you a creamy, dreamy lather. Real cocoa powder is used in this grooming treat.
- Shiloh - This aroma is inspired by Acqua di Parma Colonia. Before it was a refined, timeless classic, it was revolutionary for its time as it was unusually fresh and light. Likewise, Shiloh has notes of Sicilian citrus, lavender, rosemary, verbena, damask rose, vetiver, sandalwood, & patchouli.
- Treviso - Treviso is a luxurious, delectable scent of tiramisu. It's like Italy in your shaving den. Notes of chocolate, liqueur, and coffee define this gourmand scent. Grab some and make today delicious.
- Very Cherry - Calling all cherry lovers! This is the scent for you. If you get a hankering for the tart, juiciness of cherry then this will hit the spot. Notes of cherry, dark cherry, and lime make it unforgettable.
- Windy City Barbershop - This is a smooth, powdery fragrance of barbershop inspired by elements from the Windy City. Notes of amber, musk, bay rum, pink pepper, & gunsmoke make this one distinctive.
Size: 1/2 tbsp of each cream (enough for approximately 4 shaves)