Staff Picks (Jared) Sample Pack
- Lathering shaving soaps & creams
- Sample pack of 7 soaps
- Curated list of WCS Staffer, Jared's favs
It's like our curation blog posts and our sample packs had a love child! And you get all the benefits. We've created a series of themed sample packs to scratch whatever wet shaving itch you've got. Have a favorite scent and want to explore all its nuances? We've got ya! Have some luxury brands you want to try but aren't ready to pull the trigger on a full tub? Worry no more!
West Coast Shaving staff guru, Jared, put together this pack of some of his favorite soaps. Clearly, there are so many that he had to exclude some, so this list doesn't include triple-milled, limited availability, or warm-weather soaps. (You might just need to stay tuned for more.) But first, enjoy these!
- The Artisan Soap Shoppe Classic Shaving Soap, Humidor Tallow: The best value in all of wet shaving also boasts one of the greatest tobacco scents. This scent will put you in mind of a cigar seller’s shop. A cedar-lined room with Cuban stacking the walls is the inspiration for this aroma. Spanish cedar and sweet tobacco are the notes for this Humidor fragrance. Every time you lift the lid, you can be transported.
- Chiseled Face Shaving Soap, Ghost Town Barber: I'm a sucker for inventive barbershop interpretations, and this is one of the very best. While you are wrangling a great shave, you will find yourself immersed in the great, lingering scent. Reminiscent of old-time barbershops, Chiseled Face has upped the ante. Imagine a cowboy strolling through the striped poles after a week on the trail. Combine the bergamot, basil leaf, patchouli, oakmoss, and cedar of a classic soap with the saddle leather, smoke, and gunpowder of a cowboy's stock in trade and you've got Ghost Town Barber - masculine, earthy, and hardworking.
- Dr. Jon's Natural Vegan Shaving Soap, Savannah Sunrise Vol. 2: A citrus floral burst that literally makes me happy whenever I smell it. I do declare, somewhere in the warm summer haze of a Georgia morning, the peaches are fixin' to burst with freshness and the honeysuckle in the lane reaches out to grab you. Dr. Jon's set out to capture that moment and lawd, have mercy, they done it! Ripe orange and peach intermingle with gardenia, jasmine, and honeysuckle.
- St. James of London Sandalwood & Bergamot Shave Cream: This is the first cream I ever truly loved. I still love you, cream. Timeless, traditional! You can’t go wrong with a Sandalwood & Bergamot combination. But St. James of London takes the lasting, classic fragrance and gives it an English core. To the traditional notes is added energizing hints of citrus, jasmine, amber, and vanilla.
- Uncle Jon's Natural Shaving Soap, Lime: Scurvy be gone! I love lime scents - this one most of all. This single note scent delivers what it promises. Grab this lime aroma if you are a citrus lover, or a secret-umbrella-drink drinker, or a Caribbean-cruise taker, or a butt-in-the-sand lounger. This one will take you on a tropical contact high – with just lime.
- WCS Duck Fat Shaving Soap, Pear-Brrr Shoppe: Seriously, I like inventive barbershop interpretations. The slight cooling effect is a welcome treat. The opening notes of sweet fruit gives way to a more traditional blend of geranium and light oakmoss which may evoke the barbershop aroma with which many fans are familiar. Along with a hint of spice, it is enlivened by a hit of menthol. An icy pear treat!
- WhollyKaw Tallow & Donkey Milk Shaving Soap, Lav Sublime: I've owned this scent in each iteration of Wholly Kaw's soap base - vegan, tallow, and now tallow with donkey milk. It's that good. WhollyKaw has you covered with their Lav Sublime aroma. This is an essential and fragrance oil scent of lavender and lime. The floral and citrus notes compliment each other beautifully and linger awhile. However, they don't infer with the application of your favorite aftershave or cologne. Take your shave to a new level. Take your shave to the sublime.
Size: 1/2 tbsp of each cream (enough for approximately 4 shaves)